The Buck Stops Here
Crushing credit debt, rampant financial crime, a looming economic crisis every couple of years – why are our kids still not being taught how to handle money?
Schools have passed the buck, citing lack of time, money, resources, and government guidelines.
As parents, we are already pulled in a hundred different directions. We aren’t sure how to teach our kids about money. We’re barely getting by ourselves, and we’ve also realized that our kids don’t listen to us that much anyway – it’s like white noise when we speak.
So, Kids Finance Initiative is rising to the challenge.
We have a team of highly trained and educated professionals, all of whom have advanced degrees in finance, business, and education. More importantly, they have the passion, drive, and empathy to teach in a way that kids love to learn.
Our specially crafted and highly acclaimed programs instill financial awareness in kids and teens.
Teaching kids about money, is never just about money. It’s about character, responsibility, self- control, and delayed gratification.
These are embedded in every part of our curriculum. Our programs go beyond piggy banks and allowances. We delve into the psychology of money and help kids identify and develop a proper money mindset.
We teach them the importance of saving, how to budget, how to make wise spending decisions, what credit means and how to use it wisely, how to avoid common money mistakes, and the basics of investing. We build their financial awareness, so they can make conscious and smart money decisions.
This will hold them in good stead while navigating the inevitable financial storms of the future.
So, keep calm – the buck stops with us.
By Marilyn L Pinto
- Building Trust and Impact: Why the Social Dimension of ESG Matters More than EverJuly 3, 2023
- Beyond Budgeting: Why Financial Literacy is a vital tool for Gen Z’s successApril 12, 2023
- The Heat Is On: How financial literacy can help combat climate changeApril 6, 2023
- Building a Better World: The Power of Partnerships for a Socially Sustainable FutureMarch 10, 2023
- Empowering Individuals, Strengthening Communities: The Link Between Financial Literacy and Social SustainabilityMarch 9, 2023
- Driving Social Sustainability through a Financial Literacy Initiative for Gen ZFebruary 19, 2023
- A worthy Fin-Ed Strategy for Gen ZFebruary 19, 2023
- The 5G Force for Good modelOctober 31, 2022